Re: Experience compiling latest HEAD

wxwidget 3.1 is the development version for the upcoming stable version
3.2 which possible breaks the API/ABI with every new version that is
getting released. That makes this software breaking other software too
often and by this unfit to get introduced into Debian unstable, it
simply make to less sense.

Despite this, both the Windows and MacOS builds are using wx 3.1, somehow or other....

I'm not saying it's ideal to use the possibly broken -dev version of wx, but IMO it is worse to use the actually broken "stable" version of it.

If needed, select a good-enough build of wx3.1 from the repo I referenced and link kicad statically to it, so there can be no pollution of other apps.

Ruth

--

Tel: 01223 414180
Blog: http://www.ivimey.org/blog