Re: IBIS / SPICE simulation

Hi,

I don't know what the best strategy should be, should the parser be part of Kicad, or ngspice or a project of its own ? I'd like to implement it in Kicad as I am familiar with (parts of) the codebase, and  it will allow other IBIS actions than spice ( or just an ibis viewer, I actually use one on a regular basis ). But if there are better technical solutions ( and without problem for the kicad team ), we should go for it.

I realize I made a mistake, I meant voltage vs time tables and *current vs voltage* tables.

There are standard circuits, you can see a lot of circuits there: https://ibis.org/ver7.0/ver7_0.pdf

I would say :

 -Figure 12 for terminators  ( input only )

- Figure 13 for any kind of pin

- And here for an output pin circuit. https://www.eeweb.com/wp-content/uploads/articles-app-notes-files-ibis-model-basics-1299477107.pdf

The parameter extraction is indeed a difficult step ( well except for transmission lines, that should be easy with some assumptions ), but if we have something that can already simulate something with IBIS models would be a great step forward, even without extraction at first.

Currently, I am pushing my parser code here ( which is a non official kicad repo ):

https://gitlab.com/Drinausaur/kicad/-/tree/ibis/pcbnew/SI

I have no strong feeling about the licensing, but it really depends on where the parser code is ( in kicad / ngspice or other ).

Regards,

Fabien Corona