Re: Was the initial graphics mode screen removed?

The current offerings (e.g. bgfx) are generally multi-platform but without
the software fallback option.

Yes, OpenGL will likely remain supported on systems other than Windows/Mac
for now at least, but we at some point will have to decide if we want to
bump our minimum OpenGL version to something higher than 2.1.