Re: V6 documentation

On 1/19/22 12:45 PM, Jon Evans wrote:

... snip ...

The point I was making is that someone who installs 6.0.1 today should get the latest V6 branch docs (not the latest master branch) ideally.
Anyone with internet access should be able to get the latest docs, not the docs at the 6.0.1 tag.

Not to put words in your mouth, but it sounds like the code will be changed so that when someone clicks on the Help menu, they will get the on-line version, if possible.

And only if the on-line version cannot be accessed, the code would then automatically fall back to the off-line (local) version.  Do I have the proposal correct?  If so, I like it.

It might also be good to have a warning somewhere, perhaps in the off-line version itself, that it is not necessarily current, along with a suggestion to go retrieve the on-line version manually.

It would still be helpful if the doc repo could be tagged at the same point that everything else is tagged, because every single Fedora package needs a correct version in its name.  For example, it would be very strange (perhaps "illegal") to package something called the 6.0.1 doc that came from some random SHA in an untagged tree.

	Steve