Re: Back annotate references from PCB

On 2019-12-02 12:52 a.m., Alexander Shuklin wrote:
I would say, pin swapping is just will be an another tool (you
probably need some specific piece of GUI for that).

Be very careful about how pin swapping is handled. Many years ago someone made a board that could be plugged in to an Amiga 1000 to allow the use of a 68020 CPU in place of the stock 68000.

The board editor swapped a few gates between packages to simplify routing. It didn't take in to account that it was swapping some gates between a regular LS part and an F part. As a result the final board would work properly if you installed one of the LS parts with a low enough propagation delay.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                    | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick