Re: Silk screens over pads and naming

IMHO some rules according to silk should be specified in convention. For
example line width should be the same (perhaps with some exceptions) in
whole library, because then the PCB looks clean and more "professional".
With pads over the silk is the same situation, in many cases after silk
erasure by solder mask it don't looks good on final product.

Another problem is to wide placed silk.
For example in attachment is how looks now silk for 1206 resistor and my
proposal for new one. IMHO the silk should be tight to the pad, because
then when we place few such resistors close to each other we don't get a
mess with silk.

I have a question, can be ref and value placed as in my attachment or
should  be above and below resistor?

[image: Obraz w treści 1]