Re: Why do lists need special approval?

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, Karl Fogel wrote:

Danilo Šegan <danilo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
 * Many Ubuntu-related mailing list requests, which should instead live
on lists.ubuntu.com

What if we

 a) Put a big notice there reminding people to create Ubuntu lists at
    lists.ubuntu.com, and

 b) If a list has ubuntu in its name, interpose a warning+confirmation
    screen, and

 c) For the few mistakes that still happen, just do post-facto review
    and move them over to ubuntu.com as needed.

As a user, this would be much appreciated. I recently went to create a ML for the newly-created AllTray users group on Launchpad, and I had to wait quite some time. It had honestly made me think maybe I should have set something up myself, but once I'd asked about it on launchpad-users, someone approved it pretty quickly.

Still, being automatic and just checking up on things after-the-fact would be ideal, I think. I shouldn't think it'd be terribly hard to do it in such a way that there would be a "queue" of already-reviewed lists so that if the desire to review them all is still there, they could just do the review after the list is (automatically) created.

	--- Mike