Re: cleaning out sourcecode on devpad

On Sep 1, 2009, at 5:10 PM, Robert Collins wrote:

Tom Haddon wrote:
On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 15:22 -0400, Gary Poster wrote:
On Sep 1, 2009, at 3:17 PM, Gary Poster wrote:

On Sep 1, 2009, at 3:09 PM, Tom Haddon wrote:

On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 14:34 -0400, Karl Fogel wrote:
Gary Poster <gary.poster@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
But Tom, does touching devpad affect production too? If so, does someone know if production is using storm from sourcecode or a tgz?
Tom can give an authoritative answer about production, but we are
*supposed* to have no devpad dependencies in Launchpad proper
now.  If
we have any, it's a bug.
Do you mean I can remove all sourcecode directories? This isn't
something I was aware of, but would be more than happy to if it can
be
confirmed.

Karl is referring to how we build our developer instances. We don't
use devpad for that.  We do use devpad for production.

Ok, is this going to make our plans for a buildbot instance for
production problematic? The problem is that currently it would always
use the latest version of sourcecode dirs, when that might not actually
be what we want in production....

Configs can specify exact revisions, if needed.

Hm, cool. We may need to explore something like that, because you are right, this is problematic, and I don't have an answer ATM.

Gary