Re: Today's project page review

2009/9/3 Christian Robottom Reis <kiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>        * The downloads are for a single release, but it doesn't say
>          anywhere what release it is for! One way to render it would be
>          with the the "released on" text, such as
>
>            for version 1.3.3, released on 2009-07-30
>
>          I'm pretty sure that will wrap; maybe the right way to handle
>          this is to use two separate lines, maybe the right way to
>          handle it is to put the version at the top:

That's a really good point - I filed a few similar bugs on this.  The
main problem is: Launchpad has lots of support for people running
multiple series, but the download widget only seems to show the latest
one.  For Bazaar, for instance, we'd like to point people to the
latest stable and the latest beta release, and also do something to
make sure there's always a windows and mac binary visible there,
perhaps by embagoing releases.

One other thing, though it's probably only visible to a minority of
users: "Review project" sounds like an invitation to say "*****
cleaned off all my malware!" but in fact it's just confirming the
project licence (how boring.)

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>