Re: RFC: Bugs index page redesign

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 10:12:52AM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> I'll prod again at the idea of filing a bug by typing into the text
> box, having it show just the matching bugs, and then having a new link
> to report a bug - so dupefinding and other kinds of search will be
> more unified.  (Think, to use a somewhat weird analogy, of tree

Hmmm. The performance impact of dupefinding today would cause real
problems if we did things this way, but I can see how it would be neat
to do this -- a big box which says "Describe the problem you're
experiencing" and you'd get searching without a page load!

OTOH, this only supports the "find a specific bug" use case for bug
searching; the other use case, build a list to look at, still needs
advanced controls and so on. But maybe that's where our interface falls
apart -- we only have one generic mechanism for both use cases.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko