Re: Bite-sized bug with nice payoff (shorten long URLs).

James Westby <jw+debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> In truth though I neglected to read the log of the bug you posted and
> thought "One way to do this would be to use javascript to doctor the
> location after the page has loaded" were the only steps suggested in
> the bug. Apologies for not reading it more thoroughly.

At the time you read it, those were the only steps listed; the rest I
added later -- so certainly no need to apologize on your part!

It's interesting that this bug, which I picked because it looked so
obviously trivial, turns out to be complicated (as revealed by the
discussion with micahg).  This does not bode well for trivial bugs in
general, but it's only one data point so far.

> Instead consider my mail support for doing what you are already doing
> and a plea for more projects to do this :-)

I'll still try to post about a few more truly trivial bugs.  If each of
them gets more complicated on closer examination, that would be useful
to know too.

Right now, bug #231023 comes to mind, but I want to do a *little* more
research before claiming it's trivial :-).

-K