Re: Launchpad Homepage 3.0

>> And on every other page but the home page, the useful global search
>> box has disappeared to the page footer and I really wish it would come
>> back.  The top right is standard, and I suspect it's a useful crutch
>> when people can't work out how else to navigate.
>>

> I think you are right. beuno, what are your thoughts?

It's probably the right thing to do, but, it's not that simple. Our
new UI takes the focus away from Launchpad, and focuses on the project
branding. If we have a search box up there, people will be fooled into
thinking they will search on that project as they may not really be
aware they are "in the launchpad universe". If we can limit searches
to per-project as well as offer a launchpad-wide search, then moving
the search box to the top right again is a no-brainer.
It was moved to the bottom because of the lack of this functionality.

--
Martin