Re: [RFC] More details for merge proposals shown on bugs and branches (long)

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 08:45:57AM +0200, Bjorn Tillenius wrote:
> > With the same links as on the branch page, including being able to see
> > the diff in a form overlay.
>
> The idea is good in general. I would also like us to think aobut about
> what to show when there isn't a merge proposal yet. Personally I'd like

Definitely -- but separate problem. Tim's proposal is spot-on delivering
to users interesting information when the merge is there, so let's
encourage him to do it!

> Having an easy way of seeing the commit messages of the new revisions
> would be nice too, and being able to see a diff even nicer.

I think those could be done as links to inline expansion or popups, but
they require a bit more thought.

> > Any comments before I JFDI?
>
> I would check with the Bugs team first, since they are currently
> re-designing the bug page. Your design requires quite a lot more
> vertical space than the current design, so you need to look at what

Sure, I think letting Deryck know that this is going in is a good idea,
but I'm pretty sure he's going to be as excited as Tim and I are about
getting this stuff done -- we can sort out the reshuffling later. Aren't
we always redesigning the bug page anyway? <wink>
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko