Re: Build from recipes to multiple series

On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 13:26:57 -0400, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 04/09/2010 12:18 PM, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> >> Has the model been updated yet to accomodate this feature?
> >>

> > I don't know. Best to ask someone from the Code team.
>
> These messages don't have enough context to tell me what the feature is.
>
> Launchpad's model allows a recipe to have multiple distroseries, and
> these are used as the defaults when a user requests builds.  When the
> user requests builds, a separate build is generated for each
> distroseries the user selects.

The builds just vary in target distroseries? That's not going to
work. The change just added to bzr-builder allows you to make it work by
ensuring that the version numbers don't collide and give the correct
upgrade path. The launchpad branch I pointed to shows how to make use of
this.

I'll be happy to help you get the feature implemented correctly.

Thanks,

James