Re: RFC: One True Way of addressing notification emails.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 11:25:05AM -0400, Curtis Hovey wrote:
> Answers does this:
>     >>> add_notification['From']
>     'Sample Person <question...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>'
>     >>> add_notification['Reply-To']
>     'question...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
>
> The intent was to make it clear that the message was initiated by a
> user, but the context is the question.

Well, not that important, but the original reason we (I) did this, was
because the idea was that Answers should be used for commercial support,
so we collected design criteria from that point of one. One of those
were that they didn't want people to contact support staff out-of-band,
and instead force it to go through the tickets.

--
Björn Tillenius | https://launchpad.net/~bjornt