Re: Landing lazr-js upgrade blocked by Windmill, A Proposal

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 08:08:59AM -0600, Deryck Hodge wrote:
> Also, I think your "you could at least spend 5-10 minutes" is a bit
> unfair.  I spent greater than 3 weeks on this branch, trying to get
> the new lazr-js and Windmill to place nice together.

Yes, I meant "spend another 5-10 minutes, after I give you this pointer"
:)

> Yes, now that I
> have new information, a simple fix does seem possible.  But even then,
> come on, it's not 5-10 minutes.  It's more like 8 hours, by the time
> you edit code, make a new windmill tarball, run a layer or two
> locally, and then run it through ec2 to see if it works.

Well, I didn't say the whole process would take 5-10 minutes (let's
extned it to 30 minutes, just to be on the safe side). I just suggested
you should spend so much trying to fix it. I.e., apply the fix in your
local egg, run the Windmill tests locally (and/or ec2). If the tests
pass, it might be worth spending time going through the whole process
you described. If they don't work, it might be better to go with a
different solution. Still, as you say, the .js file shouldn't be 1.5Mb
to begin with.

--
Björn Tillenius | https://launchpad.net/~bjornt