Re: Landing lazr-js upgrade blocked by Windmill, A Proposal

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 8:17 AM, Bjorn Tillenius <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, I didn't say the whole process would take 5-10 minutes (let's
> extned it to 30 minutes, just to be on the safe side). I just suggested
> you should spend so much trying to fix it. I.e., apply the fix in your
> local egg, run the Windmill tests locally (and/or ec2). If the tests
> pass, it might be worth spending time going through the whole process
> you described. If they don't work, it might be better to go with a
> different solution. Still, as you say, the .js file shouldn't be 1.5Mb
> to begin with.

Yeah, we're basically in agreement in that if it doesn't work locally,
I wouldn't spend more time on it.  But so far, I have not been able to
run the entire Windmill layer locally.  I'm not sure if this is
related to the 512k bug or not.  I get errors when trying to tear down
the various app windmill layers.  I have been having to run it in ec2
to confirm.  So I assumed I would get a local pass in 30 minutes or so
for a few tests or one layer, and then have to make a new windmill so
ec2 can test against the entire windmill layer to know for sure.

Cheers,
deryck

--
Deryck Hodge