Re: Resubmitting bug notification LEP for approval

This is a very nice LEP.

There is a category of bug mail to do with duplicates that people
might like to filter: for commonly-duplicated bugs I might not want to
know about every one of the dupes coming in, or every comment on each
of them.

You could add a story like

  As a person experiencing a bug
  I want to be told when the bug is fixed or when I need to provide
more information
  So I can help fix it, without having my mailbox flooded.

(Even though I get and deal with a lot of bug mail, I feel like this
whenever I'm affected by a hot Ubuntu bug.)

It seems like if you're going to allow subscribing by tag you could
equally easily subscribe by full-text search and that would be very
close to subscribing to a search.

If we're going to set a List-Id, we could also later provide an
List-Unsubscribe header (?).  Then gmail and some other user agents
can directly give people an "unsubscribe from this" link that may be
more obvious than one at the bottom of the mail.

The page reached from the 'unsubscribe' link could/should also give
you the option to turn off all your launchpad mail.