Re: Resubmitting bug notification LEP for approval

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 3:35 AM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If we're going to set a List-Id, we could also later provide an
> List-Unsubscribe header (?).  Then gmail and some other user agents
> can directly give people an "unsubscribe from this" link that may be
> more obvious than one at the bottom of the mail.

I would have liked to, but after looking into it I found a speedbump:
Gmail only supports unsubscribe email addresses (while the spec allows
for URLs as well), so to support List-Unsubscribe we'd have to implement
unsubscribe via email.  Unfortunately that isn't practical since you can
receive a message because of multiple subscriptions therefore we
wouldn't know which subscription to remove.
--
Benji York