Re: A draft microservice for gpg verification

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 4:24 AM, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 3:08 AM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>  * configuration of the address of service endpoints
>>  * mapping errors into something clean, so application code doesn't
>> have to deal with socket.error (which is fairly cryptic in Python)
>>
>> A lot of this is somewhat deployment specific and I don't think any
>> standard protocol client handles it.
>
> These two come for free with Twisted.

However running twisted in a zope application server stack is at best
complex and not well understood.

.... which is why I want N clients for each microservice: a client
thats zope friendly, a client thats twisted friendly, a client thats
go friendly etc.

Possibly even a client that is plain old python friendly for doing up
nagios checks and the like.

-Rob