Re: All hail bikeshedders: looking for a tag to represent critical-in-new-feature

On 11-11-30 06:30 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Graham Binns <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 30 November 2011 22:54, Francis J. Lacoste
>> <francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> We already have a tag for regressions. But we don't have a tag for
>>> critical bugs introduced by new features. So what should we use to group
>>> these? I know that each feature have their own tag, (currently
>>> disclosure and bug-columns for example), but it would be easier for
>>> historical tracking if there was a common tag that was always used.
>>>
>>> 'feature' could be it, but we use it to indicate bugs that are really
>>> feature request.
>>>
>>> So I'm looking for suggestions
>>
>> Why not just "feature-critical". Or would that be diving back down the
>> rabbit hole of tags-with-namespaces?
>
> Is that 'critical to this feature' or 'critical and caused by feature work' ? :P
>
> I'd suggest just 'feature'. The critical bit we know from the status.

We already use 'feature' for another purpose: it replaces the 'Wishlist'
importane. IOW, we tag bugs asking for a new feature with it.

Maybe the idea is that no such bug would have the critical priority, so
searching for 'Critical' with 'feature' wouldn't conflict with those bugs.