Re: Bug listings: offering the option of a single line or multi-line view

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 2:31 AM, Diogo Matsubara <matsubara@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> To help with the decision if we should wrap long bug titles or not
> (and where the wrap point should be), here's some data from our
> current bug database on staging.
> https://pastebin.canonical.com/56840/. It shows the bug title length
> and aggregates the number of bugs with that len. By glancing over it,
> one can see the majority of our bugs is under 66 characters.
>
> Maybe we could wrap over at some point under the 66 characters limit
> and truncate if the bug has a massive bug title, which would wrap to
> more than two lines and look very ugly.

This may help a little more - https://pastebin.canonical.com/56857/

It sums the total count of bugs under (and including) each row - this
lets you see the % of our bugs under a given size without doing a
running total internally :)

If we want 95% to show without wrapping, we need 124 columns.
50% without wrapping needs 48 columns. 66% without needs 68 columns.

Cheers,
Rob