Re: Plan to migrate Blueprint work items from whiteboards

On 12-02-08 07:57 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> Here are some ideas that should (possibly each on their own) easily
> offset your project:
>  - remove the massive duplication between modules in the blueprints
> subsystem; last I checked about 30% of the code in there was verbatim
> copies between different contexts.
>  - move most of utilities/* to the lpdevtools project - thats 6K LOC on its own
>  - extract poppy to a separate project (it no longer needs to talk to
> the DB, so has no need to be part of LP)
>  - remove polls (not a trivial thing politically, but I'm sure mrevell
> is able to clear the way)

The trick on that one is that we need to provide a migration path for
teams. Many / most Ubuntu teams still use polls for their yearly
governance election. Many would like to use an external survey site, but
there is no way currently to get a listing of all members email address
so that they can set-up an authoritative survey on such sites.

>  - move the ec2 land/test logic to lpdevtools
>  - delete the representation cache from lazr.restful (there is a bug
> open for this)

I think William already took care of that one. (Unless it was only the
LP part.)

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx