launchpad-translations-coordinators team mailing list archive

Re: Redundant language variants & the translation group

Hello Jeroen!

Everything good here! Hope the same for you!

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Jeroen Vermeulen <jtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Therefore I propose to create an empty do-not-translate team, and appoint it
> as the Launchpad translation group's Canadian-English translation team.
>
> We can announce it first (does anyone know of a good place?) and see if
> there are any complaints.  If there are, I would expect it to be from a
> small number of people; we might want to form a translation team and agree
> to translate only a select few projects that appreciate it.
>
> Once that is done, we can start looking at removing en_CA translations from
> projects that use Launchpad Translators, and one generally unwanted language
> will be gone from their repositories.
>
> Does anyone disagree?  Does anyone know a good place to announce this?

I see not problem in this, it looks OK to me, we can always switch it
back in case we need it.
For a good place where to announce this... we have the mailing list
(both Launchpad Translators and Ubuntu Translators), plus our personal
blog I guess (we can always use them as well).

Ciao!

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@xxxxxxxxxx>