Re: Upstream access to Ubuntu package bugs

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 06:20:17PM +0200, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> To me, the most logical, easy (for upstream) and integrated way to
> deal with this is quite obvious: have Launchpad talk to the Bugzilla
> at bugs.kde.org (which Amarok is using). As Bugzilla is already able

We already synchronize status from the KDE bug tracker, which allows
Launchpad watches on KDE bugs to be updated. Part of the problem Sarah
is pointing out is that there are many Ubuntu-reported bugs that are
actually upstream, and that upstream is offering to triage them for us.

I certainly disagree with this being anything but triage -- for
instance, if the bug has been fixed upstream, it should remain open
in Ubuntu until a new package is made available. However, for the first
half of the triage process (i.e. from New to Confirmed) the statuses are
similar.

The question for me is what specifically are these triagers find to be
problems? What would they like to do which they currently can't?
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125