Re: Malone UI changes

Am Donnerstag, den 13.09.2007, 12:39 +0200 schrieb Matthias Urlichs:
> Whatever you do, I'd suggest that some effort be expended so that the
> Launchpad support in Hardy Heron (aka 7.04-LTS) will *not* depend on
> any HTML parsing.

As far as I know the next LTS will be 8.04.

> Doing that is not acceptable for an LTS release, IMHO.

Unfortunately that's not so easy. You always have software which depends
on certain services. Think of IM clients, libraries that connect to
amazon.com, freedb.org, youtube, think of ddclient and others. They all
connect to services whose protocol might change.

If stuff broke, we updated them in -updates uploads. That's also what we
did with python-launchpad-bugs/bughelper for feisty-updates.

We'd very much like to use something other than HTML scraping, it's
simply not possible any other way at the moment.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel