Re: Malone UI changes

Hi,

Daniel Holbach:
> > Whatever you do, I'd suggest that some effort be expended so that the
> > Launchpad support in Hardy Heron (aka 7.04-LTS) will *not* depend on
> > any HTML parsing.
>
> As far as I know the next LTS will be 8.04.

Of course -- that was a stupid typo.

> > Doing that is not acceptable for an LTS release, IMHO.
>
> Unfortunately that's not so easy. You always have software which depends
> on certain services.

True, but with xmlrpc (or *anything* that's not the public-facing HTML
page, actually) you have the chance to keep the service interface alive
for the lifetime of the LTS release, or (if that's not feasible for some
reason) long enough so people can upgrade *before* the old stuff breaks,
if not

> We'd very much like to use something other than HTML scraping, it's
> simply not possible any other way at the moment.

Well, that's why we're having this discussion in the first place. ;-)

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 - -