Re: Upstream access to Ubuntu package bugs

Sorry for the late reply:

To summarise, all I want to see is:

1.  The ubuntu people can triage our own bugs
2.  The upstream developer community can triage our bugs, if they wish
to, and we feel that they have the credibility to do that.
3.  The upstream people have all the access we do, if 2) holds.

There are two ways to do this - either they come to our bugtracker, or
we send our bugs to theirs.  Currently, the former is happening, as the
latter is an absolute nightmare to do (still).  It takes a very long
time, and it's very confusing about which options to pick.  I'd file a
bug about this, except that it's confusing enough that i cant even
figure out exactly what is wrong, and what is not working, to describe
the bug well enough.  Bugs of "it's broken and confusing.  fix it."
don't tend to be helpful.

I literally use a "hit and miss" scenario - keep hitting options on
launchpad until i happen to find the right one - especially in the
upstream package section, because not all of them are registered in
launchpad.  I really don't want to have to add every single package in
ubuntu as a separate upstream in launchpad - I have better things to do
with my time - but to link an upstream bug at all, it seems I must.

I don't particularly care how you implement it, but the current
situation really isn't working.  At the end of the day, I want to deal
with the bugs, in the easiest way possible.  I don't to deal with the
way launchpad works, or the way it's changed this particular month, and
where it's moved my menu options to this time.  It's a bug tracker -
it's not supposed to be rocket science!

Hobbsee