RE: Translations waiting approval

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 03:00 +0000, Caroline Ford wrote:
> > And the maintainer may have better priorities than fixing those strings in
> > their sources. Keep them with the freedom of understanding their own program
> > and maintaining it cleanly.
>
> So it's offensive to send language updates upstream? I've sent patches
> upstream for broken English and been thanked by the developer. It's
> hoarding translations that is against the free software model in my
> opinion.

Indeed, should we stop submitting bugs in fear of insulting the
developers?

I can see your point about some people's English being bad. However, If
this is the case, the developer should find someone who knows English
well to cooperate with.

Hoarding Ubuntu specific "translations" is bad, and possibly a violation
of the GPL (or whatever licence is used).
--
Bruce Cowan <bcowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>