Re: [Fwd: hggdh2 deactivated by matthew.revell]

On 23/02/2008, Sarah Hobbs <hobbsee@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Efrain wrote:
>  Would you have had troubles
>  >> collaborating with me just because I was pochu?
>
>  > Yes.
>

> Personally, I prefer to judge people on what they do, rather than on the
>  name they choose to use.  By all means, if it makes you happier,
>  continue to use two words to judge people.
>

>  >> I don't think you should,
>
>  > but it´s my choice.
>

> And it's our choice to judge you, based on how you judge people.
>

>  > I am not promoting a policy, I am just saying. I do not trust people that
>  > simply don´t care enough to share names.
>

> And I don't care about people who refuse to believe that people have
>  real reasons for not using their real names, and who rate their right to
>  feel comfortable about the way people name themselves, above the other
>  people's rights to not be harrassed, or to otherwise keep their privacy.
>
>  If you want to force me, by policy, to be harrassed, too bad.  I'm not
>  interested.  The door is that way.  *points*
>
>  The more harassment I get from ubuntu, and launchpad, the more personal
>  information I remove from it.  I don't  like being harassed, and I don't
>  like people deciding it's OK for me, and others to be harassed, so they
>  can feel more safe and confident.  If i end up then going and violating
>  policies for teams that i'm a member of, then I'll just have to leave
>  those teams.  It's not worth being harassed, just to be on a team.
>
>  Yes, this is something I feel very strongly about, hence the harsh mail.
>
>  Hobbsee
>  (who, up until mid-last year, was going by nickname only, even while
>  being a MOTU, and being a part of the beta testers team)

There is nothing I can add to this. Using real names means that I have
to out myself as female. This means I get shit I wouldn't otherwise
get.

I would also leave if life became uncomfortable. No-one is going to
martyr themselves.. There are plenty of other projects to contribute
to.

Caroline