Re: [Fwd: hggdh2 deactivated by matthew.revell]

> I believe I understand. However, I believe a non-disclosure policy is
>  against the ethics of free software. NDA's are a major characteristic
>  of non-free/proprietary software.

Perhaps my choice of term was inaccurate, but there are certainly
similar things in open source projects.  Debian requires verification
of a real name by physically sighting government-issued ID.  Most
projects of substantial size have a private list for the core
developers, and sometimes keep new announcements under wraps for a
time.

If there is a policy about real names then enforcing it based on
whether something "looks like" a real name is odd.  I can see a case
for requiring people to use "reasonable" names (not confusable, not
just punctuation, not offensive, etc).

If real names are to be required maybe, as previously discussed, there
should be an option to only show them to admins and use a handle
publicly.

--
Martin