Re: Mailing list time

Barry Warsaw wrote:
We've been holding off approving new lists until we can confirm that all current known issues are resolved. I'm hopeful that we can start approving new lists in the next day or two.

-Barry

Maybe this is a silly question (or series of them), but...

Weren't the launchpad lists released to the general public with the 1.2.3 release?

If so, why aren't you sure that the issues are resolved? If not, then why did it get released with known (presumably major, if you're not activating new ones) issues?

What are the issues?

Were warnings given out, warning that the real release still had (presumably major) known issues, and should not be used for large-person teams, which have a larger potential for screw ups?

If so, where were they? I don't see this on blog.launchpad.net, or the release notes.

This is making me hope that launchpad won't screw up with what it says is for production (ie, not beta), and that people won't come and lynch me for utilizing this new feature, for a big team.

And the final question: If this feature is marked for production, but is not actually safe to use, can we get a list of any other features that fit into this category, so that we can make our own judgments on whether they should be used?

Apologies if i'm totally off base here - this is just what i'm getting from reading this ML.

Thanks,

Hobbsee