Re: [Launchpad-users] no interface to sign up for mailing lists other than launchpad.net

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 19:40, Barry Warsaw<barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Matthew describes the current state of affairs; the thing to remember is
> that mailing lists on ubuntu.com are served by a traditional Mailman server,
> while Launchpad.net mailing lists use Mailman under the hood but with some
> custom work to simplify the user experience.

The archives are maintained differently - its date wise, is that an LP
default feature?
https://lists.launchpad.net/launchpad-users/
One has to click on the "thread" link to get to this. And there is no
archive by "author".

> Could we do something similar for ubuntu.com
> mailing lists while still "hosting" it on the ubuntu.com domain?

You may have heard this request earlier but i'll say it again - more
spam filtering please --- Especially for the list-owner address listed
at the bottom of the list information page.  This is a problem we have
on another non-ubuntu list but was told its not possible to stop
spiders from crawling this page and picking the *-owner address

thanks,
|| vid || http://www.svaksha.com ||