Re: [Launchpad-users] new way to look at the bugs

Hi, Vikram.

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Vikram<dhillonv10@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jonathan Lange wrote:
>
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Christian Robottom
> Reis<kiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 07:37:58AM -0500, Deryck Hodge wrote:
>

> I wonder, though, if just having a bug list easily re-sortable like a
> milestone list is the best way to handle these concerns?  There are
> several open bugs about sorting in addition to these two.
>

> I think this would be good. I don't really have a strong opinion about
> the default order.
>

> The generic way to solve this problem is to allow custom sort criteria
> with an added bonus being a way to save that sort criteria as a query --
> but if it's in a URL you get a poor-man's version of that as a bookmark.
>

> Not only is it generic, but it's probably the right way of doing it,
> since there will always be interesting, unanticipated questions that
> people have about their bugs.
>
> jml

> Its good to know that my idea is being acknowledged, please keep me informed
> with this and I am a good web programmer so please tell me if any help is
> needed

Please feel free to dive in on this work if you like! :)  I would
recommend considering the prevailing advice here and catch either
myself or one of the other bugs team members (adeuring, allenap, gmb,
or intellectronica) on #launchpad-dev on freenode to talk about
actually working this out in the code.

Cheers,
deryck

--