Re: [Launchpad-users] new way to look at the bugs

2009/9/5 Christian Robottom Reis <kiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 09:27:17AM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
>> As Robert describes, there are:
>>
>>  * Assess/triage things that are not yet assessed (ie new, or
>> unassigned priority)
>>  * Finish things off that are already in progress (ie inprogress
>> and/or assigned)
>>  * Find something new and important to do
>
> These are pretty arbitrary sets of sort criteria (and kinda open to
> interpretation on what their implementation would look like) and I
> actually bet that once they are added users will want to be able to
> slice things slightly differently for different cases. If Deryck feels
> that it's worth trying the stop-gap of adding a few custom sort orders,
> I have no issue with it myself, and don't think it's actually that much
> work.

I think sorting this way would be pretty arbitrary, but I think adding
filters for them would be well defined and consistent with what's
already there.  Just like we have 'critical' let's add 'inprogress',
'assigned', 'high', 'unprioritized'.  I use bookmarks for those things
all the time, particularly inprogress, but they're pretty fiddly to
set up.

(Robert's bugs ask for sorting so maybe he can define it better.)

Of course it's down to the bugs team in the end to work out which of
all the possible changes to do first, I don't intend to impugn their
autonomy.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>