Re: Requesting for more info regarding rejection.

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 12:30:02PM +0530, Natesh Bhat wrote:
>    Thanks for the tip!  I ditched the fpm method and was able to build a
>    source package using fakeroot command and got signed source.changes file.
>    I have tried now at least 20 times regarding the Distribution field . What
>    ever distro i put it either says it doesn't support format 3.0 or
>    something or gives "distro" name became obsolete and hence rejected Error.
>    Which distro i should actually use ? I tried lucid , breezy , jauty , main
>    , ubuntu .
>    Please let me know .

lucid, breezy, and jaunty are all thoroughly obsolete Ubuntu releases
(breezy went out of support in 2007!), and main and ubuntu are the wrong
category to put in that field.

You can find the list of Ubuntu releases on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases; you want the first word of the code
name, in lower case.  Which to use depends on which Ubuntu releases you
want to build your packages for.

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]