lubuntu-brainstorming team mailing list archive

Re: [Lubuntu-comms] [ATTENTION] Lubuntu Website

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 6:33 PM, Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
> Best regards
> Nio
>
> On 2013-11-11 11:55, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The Waiting Period is over now :)
> >

> > On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx
> > <mailto:amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> >
> >     Dear Communications Team and Brainstorming Team,
> >
> >     May I have you attention, please?
> >

> > For 5 days, no one has replied except Sergio? Hmm, this is not good :)
> >

> >     First of all, for those who are now aware of this, Lubuntu Team or
> >     at least those who are still active and around, they don't have
> >     access on the Website of Lubuntu and can't update it often. This is
> >     a long story that I am avoiding for now but at the same time, I feel
> >     that I must jump in and do something about this due to the huge
> >     importance of Lubuntu 14.04 for us as a community and for our users
> >     and because of all that, I can't remain silent about this anymore.
> >

> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming/+spec/lubuntu-website
> >
> >     I know some of you may not be so patient and wait for a response
> >     from anyone. Therefore, this email :)
> >
> >     1- I am working side by side with some good members of Lubuntu
> >     Community to come up with a solution to this issue once and for all.
> >     Patience is required, my good friends :)
> >
> >     2- I have Plan B in mind in case our mission will fail and we won't
> >     be able to solve the website issue so rest assure that we will not
> >     give up so easily ;)
> >
> >     3- For the last 2 years of Lubuntu Community History, there were
> >     VERY few who were super active and heavily involved, doing the dirty
> >     job and jump in whenever needed. THIS SHOULD BE HISTORY NOW. I ask
> >     each and everyone to be responsible and HELP and WORK as a team. You
> >     are not required to do much, just do something because you are part
> >     of this team. I am not going to ask you what you need to do, that
> >     should come from you ;)
> >
> >     4- "We must all have a great sense of responsibility and not let
> >     things happen because everyone takes the comfortable view that
> >     someone else is looking after it. Someone else isn't looking after
> >     it = Team Work.
> >

> >     I have updated the above Blueprint with the latest progress and if
> >     there is anything new, I will update it right away.
> >
> >     As for Plan B, you need to be patient :) I don't want to discuss
> >     that while there is still some hope :)
> >
> >     I expect your support and help in this issue, simply because, you
> >     belong to the best community in the world and part of the best
> >     system in the world and it is a pleasure to be part of this
> community :)
> >
> >     Thank you!
> >

> > https://lists.launchpad.net/lubuntu-comms/msg00726.html
> >
> > And, until date, there is NO reply from Mario nor anyone else who at
> > least 'claims' that he/she is in charge :)
>
> There is no reply in the form of a mail, but someone has edited the text
> about PAE, that I requested on the page Lubuntu.net. The edit is done in

Indeed. 'Someone'. WHO IS that someone? :D guess what? the real question is
not WHO is doing that, the Q is WHY is he/she hiding :D

And, by the way, that is not everything :D
The website if FULL of weak points that must be corrected/improved. Example?

1- The Website is still telling the world that Chromium is the default
browser :D check the slide show, slide no.3 :D
2- NOT even one word about Lubuntu 14.04 being an LTS
3- The website is actually a ONE Page site with links, almost all these
links are pointed or directed to the Wiki Area :D my personal blog has more
pages than Lubuntu website :P http://amjjawad.blogspot.com
4- The website MUST have a Website Administrator. Someone I know has joined
PeppermintOS and Ubuntu GNOME and they given him access to their website
despite the fact he is NEW to these community :D maybe Lubuntu current
website master can't trust anyone? I have no clue.

> So there is response. Who edited the page? Is there some link, that we
> @Lubuntu-comms don't know?

The Q is (I am not kidding): How to undo the hidden curse so we could find
our guy???!!!

> > Before I carry on with the idea I had in mind, I must be extra honest
> > with all of you.
> >
> > Lubuntu Team has a big issue which is LACK of communications. I have
> > failed to find a logical explanation to this. I don't want to make it
> > even worse but I personally do NOT like the way this team is heading.
> > Yes, we are all volunteers and yes, real life comes first and all that
> > is totally understood but what happened to the word: 'commitment' ???
> > even if this is a volunteer job or task, people who are in charge/action
> > must communicate and everyone who thinks he is involved must
> > communicate. Am I missing something here? is there any other
> > communication channel that I am not aware of?
>
> What does Julien Lavergne know?

I wish I could tell :)

> Has he got a password to edit the page
> or is he asking Mario Behling to edit the page (in private communications)?

How would we know that? :)

> What does Julien think about our activity?

Julien is no longer part of any Sub-Team except the QA Team AFAIK.

> Maybe he does not want us to
> get control of Lubuntu.net.

Maybe. But then again, why?????

> Who dares or wants to ask Julien?

I have asked the WHOLE community :D

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lubuntu-users/2013-November/006076.html

Just for your information, my good friend Nio ... Julien, since 15-5-2012,
Julien has stepped down:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lubuntu-users/2012-May/001516.html and
since that time, he was and still a developer only. Sub-Teams after his
decisions had taken many responsibilities and started to be a bit
independent with their decisions. QA Sub-Team might be the most Sub-Team
that was interacting with Julien but other Sub-Teams, well, you can check
the Archive.

Full Website History:
https://lists.launchpad.net/lubuntu-comms/msg00845.html

> > *_Okay, the plan is:_*
> >
> > Since we haven't received any reply, I do suggest to focus our attention
> > on: [http://lubuntublog.blogspot.com] instead of the website that WE, as
> > Lubuntu Team, has NO control over.
> >
> > This suggestion/idea is based on many reasons:
> >
> > 1- Rafael is the administrator of Lubuntu Blog and he is around and
> > reply his emails and jump in to help and roll up his sleeves every time
> > we need his help. He is a real active member who deserves our full
> respect.
> >
> > 2- Lubuntu Blog can be updated, corrected, publish, etc ... it is an
> > active channel that WE do have control over.
> >
> > 3- Dealing with Lubuntu Blog is piece of cake. You can always update,
> > correct mistakes, etc. No big deal.
> >
> > 4- Rafael, AFAIK, doesn't mind to give 'Author' Access to members who
> > are interested to publish some news and he can remain the admin of the
> > site for technical issues, etc.
> >
> > 5- Many Websites are based on 'Blog' concept: Peppermint and Ubuntu
> > GNOME are both based on WordPress: http://ubuntugnome.org/ and
> > http://peppermintos.com/
> >

> Yes, it might be a good idea, that Lubuntu-comms work with a different
> platform than Lubuntu.net. If you feel comfortable with Lubuntu Blog, it
> is fine with me.

Thanks for agreeing, it seems this is our best hope for the moment.

> -o-
>
> I will probably stick to looking after the 'One Button Installer',
> 'Lubuntu fake-PAE' and 'How to make USB boot drives' alias 'mkusb'
>
> - developing the code
> - maintaining tutorials at the Ubuntu Forums
> - maintaining wiki pages
>
> I might help with other tasks too, when and if something has 'highest
> priority': some simple development task, testing, wiki page editing
> (beyond 'my own' wiki pages) ...

Keep it up and good luck, my good friend :)
Lubuntu needs people like you who are active and committed.

> > So, what do you think?
> >
> > And, as you may know, it is very easy to focus and drag everyone's
> > attention to the blog ;)
> > On Wiki Area and Social Media (Facebook, Google+ and Twitter), we can
> > make an announcement that  Lubuntu Blog is our main channel and let the
> > website idle as it is.
> >
> > Few days ago, I changed the access for Mario from Facebook Page Manager
> to:
> > Mario Behling
> > Insights Analyst
> > <
> https://www.facebook.com/pages/edit/?id=105956559439428&tab=admin_roles#>
> > Mario can view insights.
> >
> > He did not send me yet asking why is that which proves he is either not
> > interested, or very busy, or inactive and if you ask me, the
> > managers/admins roles must be given to active people :)
> >
> > Don't get me wrong, my good friends but you see, I am doing my best here
> > and sharing all my thoughts with you but I am NOT a superman, I can't do
> > everything all by myself. I am tired of being super active :) we need to
> > work as a TEAM. Can we?
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > --
> > Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
> > Best Regards,
> > amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
> > Areas of Involvement <
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement>