lubuntu-brainstorming team mailing list archive

Re: [ATTENTION] Lubuntu Website

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 22:21:05 +0400
"Ali Linx (amjjawad)" <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Salut Mélodie,

Bonsoir Ali,

> > On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 14:55:30 +0400
> > "Ali Linx (amjjawad)" <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That is Batman with a mask, not Superman :P

This changes everything! :p

> > > I can't do everything all by myself.
> > Well, Superman does have his helpers, doesn't he? :p
> AFAIK, he does :)

And they don't always announce loud "I'm here to heeeelpp!". Right?

> > > I am tired of being super active :) we need to work as a TEAM. Can we?
> > In one word, is there a TODO somewhere?

> For Lubuntu 14.04: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming
>
> I recommend to have a look at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Brainstorming

I will provide some criticisms here (not that you have not worked hard, I let you decide
if my criticism can be helpful):

This is not a todo, this is a list of TODO's.

While asking for a todo I was expecting a simple list ordered by "the most hurrying" and
eventually followed by tasks which would be listed under "the easiest" (for what is done
is not to be done again… normally… )

It could be followed by a TODO which would have for name "Future TODO", or "Next TODO".
Just one list with precise directions.

The other criticism is so, this one blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming/+spec/lubuntu-sub-teams

Quote:
«»

No I can't quote. I don't know where this post is going but I am lost as soon as I start
reading. I am looking for clear instructions on things which need to be done and I don't
find any at the beginning, in the middle and I don't know what that post is meant for,
it's not a TODO: in the context of my question, it is fully Off Topic. :-|

> I have decided to discuss each and every thing related to Lubuntu as a
> system and Lubuntu as a Team and community on the blueprints and we are
> using the mailing lists as well.

This spreads the energy. I suppose a blueprint means something such as "a map", a
roadline, and should not replace discussions on a mailing list, but offer a space where
people will focuse on a precise tasks to bring ideas which can be picked up directly by
the developers to improve a program or create a new one.

Therefore and with all due respect, discussion on blueprints about the team and the
community(ies) seems to me irrelevant.

If I am wrong about that, you and anyone else can feel free to tell me.

> > Here are things I would like to try to participate to during the coming
> > months until
> > Trusty is out:
> > * Report bugs against the Lubuntu Software Center (because it works much
> > less well than
> > the official one and has less descriptions of programs translated to my
> > native language,
> > which might be the same for other languages);
> >
> > * Participate to testing alphas, but I am not there yet because I don't
> > have enough time
> > available ATM;
> >
> > * Continue to read the incoming mails from the lubuntu - brainstorming and
> > qa - and
> > participate modestly where I think I am able to;
> >

> Thank you for your interest to help and support the community, Lubuntu
> needs people like you :)

Thank you for being a Batman (with the cape and the mask) in the Lubuntu team. :)
The Lubuntu team needs people like you! :-)

Regards,
Mélodie