Re: lubuntu-desktop package in Karmic Alpha 6

2009/9/16 Martin-Éric Racine <q-funk@xxxxxxxxxx>

> How about something as simple as the default Ubuntu brown wallpaper,
> the Human GTK2 and icon theme, with some very basic brown or orange
> OpenBox window theme?
>
> For lxpanel, I'd remove the network and CPU monitoring applets from
> the taskbar, revert its theme to using whatever GTK2 uses and replace
> the LXDE logo for the application menu with the standard Ubuntu
> circle.

Sounds "worst case" for me.

> It's about as basic of a theme as it can get, it retains the Ubuntu
> Human feel everyone has come to expect from Ubuntu and it also saves
> us the trouble of creating out own usplash and GDM theme.

There is no need to follow the autumn colour scheme of Gnome. LXDE is
explicitly not a Gnome flavour, and Xubuntu fell into a Gnome colour scheme
trap.
LXDE used the great NuoveXT as the default Icon set
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/nuoveXT+2?content=56625
Openbox themes
http://www.box-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=7402