Re: New testing ISO 20100215

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:10:47 -0000, Jo Gerb <jo.ge.spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok, i built up an old System with Pentium (i don't know if II or IV, 360 MHz) and 128 MBytes of RAM. It Takes very Long to boot and it First seems like the pc wouldnt respond any more, but about 10 minutes with Black screen you can see the panel and the Cursor- no Desktop and no icons there. I didnt realize the arrow-Symbol to be the One for network, maybe we should use another one. The System itself is extremely slow, but thats the hardware (im just used to my 4gb RAM:-)) maybe we could use something else for the graphics , like kolourpaint or so. The People we aim at are used to ms paint, and what we offer them in lubuntu is too complicated. Ill go on in testing and ill write again later. Have a nice time, Jo

If you run hardinfo it will tell you what CPU you have along with other useful (and not so useful) information.

	System Tools > System Profiler and Benchmark

It might be interesting to compare the benchmarks from that program.

--
Steve