Re: New testing ISO 20100215

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:52:23 -0000, jo franz <jo.ge.spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2010/2/15 Steve <yorvik.ubunto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:10:47 -0000, Jo Gerb <jo.ge.spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Ok, i built up an old System with Pentium (i don't know if II or IV, 360 MHz) and 128 MBytes of RAM. It Takes very Long to boot and it First seems like the pc wouldnt respond any more, but about 10 minutes with Black screen you can see the panel and the Cursor- no Desktop and no icons there. I didnt
realize the arrow-Symbol to be the One for network, maybe we should use
another one. The System itself is extremely slow, but thats the hardware (im
just used to my 4gb RAM:-)) maybe we could use something else for the
graphics , like kolourpaint or so. The People we aim at are used to ms
paint, and what we offer them in lubuntu is too complicated. Ill go on in
testing and ill write again later. Have a nice time, Jo

If you run hardinfo it will tell you what CPU you have along with other
useful (and not so useful) information.

       System Tools > System Profiler and Benchmark

It might be interesting to compare the benchmarks from that program.

--
Steve

i ran hardinfo, but it just gave out a 0kb html. the second time, i got the
results. do you want the whole html? its a pII, and the results the
benchmarks gave are nothing to be proud of^^ running hardinfo, the panel
disappeared and i couldn't do anything. The system was still alive (ctrl alt f1 opened a console), but i couldnt get back the panel. One more thing: do we need six virtual consoles running (ctrl alt f1-6)? i guess lubuntu would
go faster with only one terminal there.

If the terminals are not in use, i.e. not running something, they don’t take any resources.

When I get my server back up and running I’ll try and do something with the hardinfo stuff, just as a comparison.

--
Steve