Re: Lubuntu application discussion for maverick

> VIDEO
> VLC is very very good but it brings in nasty QT dependencies

I wish, when I install a non-KDE non-Gnome distro, I could avoid those
dependencies, but it seems there's always one program that drags them in. I
think Sun Virtualbox requires the QTs, and Synaptic the Gnomes... but maybe
not.

Since most indy distros use old forks from Firefox which don't run the
latest plugins, I found it interesting that Chromium is the default here.
The plugins are coming fast for Chromium, but so far no InfoEnter, the FF
plugin I rely on for storing oft-used information.

Lane
 *Lane Lester*
 The Web Doctor <http://www.the-web-doctor.com>
You can have your own website for just $10+10+10!