Re: Suggestion: Move these apps from "Preferences" to "System Tools" (UPDATED)

2011/2/11 Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> OK.  I just added before and after screenshots to the bug report.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-default-settings/+bug/650432/+attachment/1844025/+files/lubuntu-menus-before.jpg
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-default-settings/+bug/650432/+attachment/1844041/+files/lubuntu-menus-after.jpg
>
> Basically, a whole bunch of system-wide 'preference' tools move out of
> the Preferences menu, and the System Tools Menu is renamed to "System"
> which has two submenus, Administration (for all these moved system admin
> tools), and System Tools (for ones that were in the previous System
> Tools top level menu).

Thanks Jonathan. I can't see the benefit of the 2 sub-menu
"Administration" and "System tools". Why not merged them into 1 ? 1
thing I like in the LXDE/Lubuntu menu is that everything is quickly
available. What do you think ?