Re: Idea/Suggestion to say goodbye to xcreensaver

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 05:08:32PM -0500, Jorge Andrés Alvarez Oré wrote:
> The first time that i installed Lubuntu I've surprised when see that the
> default screensaver consume 60-70% of my processor. So i deactivated it. For
> me turn off the monitor in x minutes is enough. Lubuntu is not only for slow
> machine, it's a energy saving OS too. In the lubuntu.net home page say it:
> "lubuntu is a faster, more lightweight and *energy saving* variant of Ubuntu
> using LXDE".
>
> So, in my opinion xscreensaver should be removed and gnome-power-preferences
> should be in the start menu (or whatever you call :))

Agreed. IMHO, running CPU intensive programs when the user is way makes no sense. An
option to blank and/or lock the screen (automatically or by user request, like
CTRL-ALT-L in Ubuntu) is useful (again, IMHO).

--
Marcelo Zacarias da Silva
Analista de Sistemas - CIAGRI/USP