Re: Creating alternate ISOs, 64bit ISOs, etc. (status update 27 Feb 2am)

2011/2/27 Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 02/27/2011 02:58 AM, UndiFineD wrote:
>
>> 2011/2/27 Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>>> Next likely steps are:
>>>
>>>  (a) Look at why virtualbox is so unhappy with these ISO images
>
>> I had no issue loading the install cd in virtualbox 4.0 however, the
>> install cd might use elements from the VM guest additions for
>> virtualbox and vmware
>
> Interesting.  This is the Lubuntu 11.04 Alpha2 CD we are talking about,
> right?
>
> It works for me in virtualbox 4.0.4 on Windows 7 64bit at work, but not
> here at home on Ubuntu 10.04.2 amd64, even though official Ubuntu natty
> ISOs work fine here.  And someone else reported it not working for them
> in virtualbox.  Maybe it is some configurable setting in virtualbox that
> breaks it?  More testing needed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan

Confirmed.

I just had installed VirtualBox 4.0 again, how did it ever uninstall I
don't know.
Then I downloaded Lubuntu 11.04 Alpha2.
Installed with a fair spec'd virtual machine.

There were 2 small bugs during installation.
 * The menu panel was right in the middle of my screen.
 * The installation did not properly shutdown the machine.
No installation breaker though.

A screenshot of installed Lubuntu.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7607669/desktop/Screenshot-11.png

--