Re: Lubuntu and updates

On 29 April 2011 16:14, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 04/25/2011 10:59 PM, Jared Norris wrote:
>
> > On 26 April 2011 15:27, Phill Whiteside <phillw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> We have to manually subscribe to each page, which is a pain.
>
> > I have set up to subscribe to /Lubuntu/.* on both wiki.u.c and
> > help.u.c which does subscribe you to every change for all sub pages
> > as well.
>
> I thought there *had* to be a better way than manually subscribing to
> each page, and was about to try to prove it on a local MediaWiki
> installation -- thanks for saving me the effort :)

Took me a while to find it but I've subscribed to 3 whole teams pages and
subpageson the wiki so I get lots of mail now.

> That should take care of the wiki team tracking changes others make.
>

> Personally, if I find something I think needs changing in a wiki, I'm
> fairly likely to 'just do it' rather than seek out someone else to make
> the edit for me, unless I am unsure about what the "right" content
> should be.  Wiki's are all about empowering everyone to make changes as
> needed to improve things :)

"Just doing it" is a great way to get everything down, sometimes the
formatting can be a pain in the backside to keep it "up to standard" though
(from Ubuntu's perspective). So I'd always encourage anyone and everyone to
add information to the wiki pages as they find them either wrong or not
complete. If you aren't sure and are doing more than a little edit by all
means just drop by the IRC channel or mailing list and ask someone to peruse
it for you. We're more than happy to help with all the trimmings, just
having someone willing to do the content more than makes our job easy (I do
try to keep an eye to the edits as they come through on the subscribed pages
as well though but it doesn't hurt to double check and if there are a lot it
takes a while to go through them all).

> Jonathan

Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)