Re: LXDE plans and priorities

Thanks for the comment.
Some new features are indeed fixes for old bugs, especially usability bugs.
In addition, some new features require some degree of refactor and
this can affect bug fixes.
For example, in the file manager, after I added directory tree to the
side pane, an old patch in the tracker is no longer needed. Nor can it
be applied.
For the lxpanel stuff, I really think that we need to use libwnck
instead of using our own X11-handling code. Libwnck is well-tested and
is in production use for years and it's built for this kind of task.
Adding this little lib does not make LXDE significantly more
resource-hungry, but it can save much time for maintenance and
debugging. Replacing some taskbar and pager code with libwnck can fix
part of the bugs quickly.

For gtk+ 3 transition, I want to add src/gtk-compat.[ch] to every LXDE
components and add compatibility later there.
Some macros are replaced by functions in gtk+ 3 and this can be easily
fixed in a header with some macro definition.
Maybe later I'll add this to libfm/pcmanfm first.

Previously I tried to make a tool in lxde/devtools/min-lib-ver with
python. This tool is used to determine the minimal gtk+ version
required by the project, but I don't have time to finish it. I want to
scan the source tree and find out all gtk+ APIs used. Then, determine
minimal version of gtk+ required. This one can be very helpful for all
gtk+ using projects. Unfortunately it's half done.
Is there any tool to help gtk2 -> 3 transition?