Re: Fwd: LXDE shutown dependency/permissions?

OK,

Just want to give an update.  For those interested, I went back to my
install notes to see if any of the recommended packages stood out from
the pack.  I installed most everything using "--without-recommends"

Here is output from when I installed lxde

root@natty:/usr/share/locale# aptitude install --without-recommends lxde
  fontconfig{a} gpicview{a} gtk2-engines{a} leafpad{a} libasound2{a}
  libatk1.0-0{a} libatk1.0-data{a} libavahi-client3{a}
  libavahi-common-data{a} libavahi-common3{a} libcups2{a} libdatrie1{a}
  libfm-gtk0{a} libfm0{a} libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0{a} libglade2-0{a}
  libgtk2.0-0{a} libgtk2.0-common{a} libjasper1{a} libjpeg62{a}
  liblua5.1-0{a} libmenu-cache1{a} libobparser21{a} libobrender21{a}
  libpango1.0-0{a} libpython2.7{a} libstartup-notification0{a}
  libthai-data{a} libthai0{a} libtiff4{a} libvte-common{a} libvte9{a}
  libxcb-aux0{a} libxcb-event1{a} lxappearance{a} lxde lxde-common{a}
  lxde-core{a} lxde-icon-theme{a} lxinput{a} lxmenu-data{a} lxpanel{a}
  lxrandr{a} lxsession{a} lxsession-edit{a} lxshortcut{a} lxterminal{a}
  obconf{a} openbox{a} pcmanfm{a} shared-mime-info{a} xarchiver{a}
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  wamerican{u}
The following packages are RECOMMENDED but will NOT be installed:
  arj arora chimera2 chromium-browser edbrowse elinks elinks-lite elvis
  elvis-console epiphany-browser firefox galculator gdm gksu
gvfs-backends
  gvfs-fuse hicolor-icon-theme kdm konqueror libgtk2.0-bin lightdm
links
  links2 lxdm lxmusic lynx-cur manpages-dev menu-xdg midori netrik
netsurf
  openbox-themes p7zip-full policykit-1-gnome rekonq rpm scrot
  seamonkey-browser slim unzip uzbl w3m wdm x-ttcidfont-conf xdg-utils
xdm
  xemacs21-mule xemacs21-mule-canna-wnn xemacs21-nomule xscreensaver
  xserver-xorg zip
0 packages upgraded, 52 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 14.4 MB of archives. After unpacking 46.8 MB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]

What stood out for me was... policykit-1-gnome.  I installed it and
now root user gets the added options for shutdown and restart.  So I
just need to get regular user.  I'm not sure yet how I will accomplish
that, since there still is no powerdev or any group created by adding
policykit.

I also added consolekit, but I'm not sure if that was necessary.

consolekit added messagebus group and policykit added no groups to the
list.

So the hunt is still on.  Anyone interested in looking at the list of
lxde recommended packages, feel free to give input on what I still may
be missing.  I do think adding gdm, slim, or other may help, but I have
had it working on Debian in the past without any DM.

Cheers,

Eric