Re: [12.04] Firefox instead of Chromium?

Just a question.
Are we going to use some kind of tools/apps to do these tests? or we'll go
for the manual approach? I mean just open LXTask and take the figures from
there?

I'm going to do a fresh install for Lubuntu 11.10, run apt-get update and
then apt-get upgrade, install Firefox and make sure both browsers are
up-to-date then start some tests.
We need to use the same tool/app for that. LXTask, Terminal, etc?

Thanks!

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 10:07 PM, Gabriel Salles <gabrielpereca@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> *"Maybe chromium has some hidden resource usage not covered by the test?"*
>

> To avoid this kind of doubt, I think it is better to make a new boot, open
> the Chromium Browser (with tabs and common pages), and see how much of CPU
> and RAM the *whole system* are using.
> Then you reboot and do the same thing with Firefox.
>
> This would be better with the alpha version of 12.04, and not with the
> final version of 11.10.
>

> Gabriel Salles

Best Regards,

*A.J
amjjawad*
Lubuntu One Stop Thread (Mega
Thread)<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Blog <http://amjjawad.wordpress.com> | My Wiki
Page<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>| My
Launchpad <https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad> | My Ubuntu Forum
Profile<http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>

*~ My Actions Speak Louder Than My Words || ** I walk by faith, not by
sight **|| Imagination is more important than Knowledge || **Keep It Simple
and Short** ~ *