Re: Fw: Dropping i386 non-PAE as a supported kernel flavour in Precise Pangolin

Hi, I'm running Lubuntu on a non-PAE kernel too :)

1.4GHz Pentium M in a Dell Latitude D505 with 512MB RAM from 2004. It's my
main production machine and runs Lubuntu like a charm.

I've been reading through the emails and irc logs, and it sounds like the
kernel team is maintaining the non-pae kernel in Precise (but not beyond),
but just not setting it as the default -- any chance someone can convince
them to make the non-pae kernel the default in just Lubuntu? Colin Watson
mentioned this as a possibility in the Technical Board meeting [1].

-Steven

[1]:
http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2011/ubuntu-meeting.2011-12-12-21.01.moin.txt